Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Pregnant!

Okay, so I've known for a few days that we have another wee one on the way! We have been trying for a couple of months now, and success! My period was due on Tuesday the 23rd, and that morning I had a negative PT. I tested again that coming Friday morning, and it was questionable. I figured I had a faulty test since all the lines were messed up, even in the test window. But, that evening, with the aid of an easy to use digital PT, I came up positive.

We have calculated that the baby is due December 6th, though it will probably come a wee bit later than that. This is exactly 6 months after Ander, my first born's, due date. Coincidence? Great! A summer baby & a winter baby!

I have decided that I will run without fear during this pregnancy. I will workout, train, weight lift & even race without a second thought. While I was pregnant with Ander, I got a lot of negativity from a lot of people regarding working out & being with child. While you're pregnant you are urged to "keep fit", to go for walks, swim, etc. But if they find out that you participate in cross country running or sign up for a 5k, everyone throws a fit!

I am writing this blog as a testimony to hard core runners out there who want to run while pregnant. Ladies, there is NOTHING wrong with pounding the pavement while pregnant! In fact, I think that by doing so I had a much easier pregnancy and labor, and both my child & I stayed super healthy. I will be logging my miles, thoughts, and experiences on here in an attempt to dispell any myths about working out and having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment