Thursday, April 29, 2010

Race 2 of 9

On Sunday, 25 April, I ran my second race of the Pregnant Lady Running Series. It was another chilly day, but this time it was raining. I would say it was about mid 40s and the rain wasn't heavy, but constant. The course its self took me by suprise. There were a lot more hills than I expected. Since it was a road race, it was all pavement. I had a horrible cramp in the middle of my chest because of a mistake that I knew I shouldn't have done. On one of the hills I stopped to walk for only four steps, but it threw off my pace and my breathing, which resulted in a pretty bad cramp and really hard breathing for the rest of the race.

Despite some of the pain, I performed much better than the last time. I was over a minute faster, finishing in 21:52. I was nervous because my training over the week had been next to none due to a lot of rain and nausea. But, I must say that I was pleased with my outcome. I was 14th overall and 3rd place female. I won my age group, so I took home another trophy (heat/cold colour changing water bottle and Dunkin Donuts $10 gift card).

I'm actually on a roll with this & really can't wait until Race #3!
Race results are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment