Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2 Month Check In

I've been dutifully logging away my miles, but I must say that I am in a bit of a rut. I have been running the same 5 mile course every day for the past month and a half. I know it's because I'm just familiar with it and am trying to avoid the hills, but it's time I sought out some new places to leave tracks.

The past two weeks took me by complete surprise with the morning sickness. All along running has helped my ill feelings and a nice jog seems to vanquish them. But the last two weeks or so seemed to bring it on, which I didn't like at all. I would run maybe 2.5-3 miles or so and have to go dry heave in the bushes. Not cool. I was also getting really bad cotton mouth & water was making me gag. Plus, I'm at that stage where sudden movement makes me have to pee.

It all means that I have to take some extra steps before I head out the door. I eat a string cheese or yogurt as I'm getting ready, I grab a juice box, and pee just before I head out the door. At the half way point I stop to stretch, drink my juice, and possibly look for some bushes. And maybe that's why I am stuck in this 5 mile rut. I have an excellent half way point, lots of shade, trash receptacles for juice boxes, and some prime bush locations; I just can't risk trying out another route.

No comments:

Post a Comment